Programming the robot buggy
Work as a team to program the robot buggy so that it can navigate a maze path.
This is one of a series of resources to support the use of the BBC micro:bit in Design and Technology lessons.
Programmable robotic systems are becoming an important part of industrial developments in Design and Technology. Robots are now being developed that can sense changes in their surroundings and respond accordingly.
In this unit of learning, learners will use the BBC micro:bit to develop a robotic buggy that can successfully navigate a maze or path.
Activity info, teachers' notes and curriculum links
In this activity, learners will work as a team to program the robot buggy so that it can navigate a maze path.
The activity sheet includes teachers' notes, useful web links, and links (where appropriate) to the national curriculum in each of the four devolved nations; England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Robot buggyWatch at IET.tv
- Activity overview - Programming the robot buggy activity description, teachers' notes and curriculum links
- Presentation - Developing your robot buggy program
- Handout - Programming the buggy - student handout with an example program for the robot buggy
- Hex programming file - Example programming file using the MakeCode editor
- Py programming file - Example programming file using the Python editor