Step 1: Make it
What is it?
Expand the range of emotions you can show – jump up and down to show that you’re feeling silly!
How it works
- Like the Emotion badge, this program shows a happy or sad face depending on which button input you press, A or B.
- The micro:bit has other inputs, such as sensors.
- This program uses the micro:bit’s accelerometer input to measure forces and sense when it’s shaken.
- When the accelerometer senses sudden movement the program makes the silly face appear on the LED display output.
What you need
- micro:bit (or MakeCode simulator)
- MakeCode or Python editor
- battery pack (optional)
- some energy to shake, jump or get silly
Step 2: Code it
Step 3: Improve it
- Use different built-in emotions images like MEH, CONFUSED or ANGRY.
- Show another emotion when you press buttons A and B together.
- Add new emotions using the LED display to draw your own pictures like we did in Animated animals.
- The accelerometer can sense other ‘gestures’ such as ‘freefall’ and whether it’s tilted left or right – try them out. Find out more about gestures in micro:bit Python here.
This content is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) licence.